Welcome to my blog......

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” Natalie Babbitt, Tuck Everlasting

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Readability vs. Lebigility

Readability is how easy it is to read a lot of text and pages of text.  This depends on the font and the layout of the text, paragraphs. Grammer and spelling should also be included in this category.  You want to make sure your readers can navigate through and understand what it is you are trying to convey and with the proper layout, fonts, and contrast you will keep your reader focused.

Legibility refers to how easy it is to recognize the short burst of text - headlines, buttons, signs, etc.  Again, font is also important and layout.

As a side note, my daughters asked if she could help me with my "blog".  I said sure, tell me the difference between readability and legibility.  In short, without understanding what I was really asking, she nailed it, because in her eyes, readability is how easy it is to read and legibility is how easy is it to decipher what someone has written.

No comments:

Post a Comment